Anxiety-Free Oral Sedation Dentistry in Boulder, CO
Dental fear is a hidden phobia – the monster in the closet that no one wants to talk about. Many people are embarrassed to admit their fears and even more afraid to confront them. Most of these people may not know that oral sedation dentistry is an option.
Sedation dentistry not only creates a relaxing and anxiety-free experience for you, it also allows us to accomplish more dentistry in a single visit – meaning you have to return fewer times to complete your treatment.
Whether you require a single filling or are looking to have you entire smile restored, sedation dentistry can help you achieve optimum dental health in the most comfortable way possible.
- Sedation is NOT general anesthesia.
- Sedation allows you to be conscious and responsive.
- You will be very sleepy and relaxed
- You will be able to verbalize your needs and wants.
- In addition to the sedative medication, Dr. Myers will also use local anesthetic and nitrous gas (also known as laughing gas).
- The sedatives used are amnesiac – you will have little or no memory of the experience.
The process for patients is simple. After a careful review of your medical history, Dr. Myers will choose the appropriate medication(s) and level of sedation to best meet your needs.
The night before your dental appointment, you will take a pill to allow for a comfortable night’s sleep.
Once you are at your dental appointment, driven by a companion, you will be monitored and given additional medications throughout the appointment.
When your dental treatment is complete, you will have your companion drive you home and stay with you until you are recovered (about 4-10 hours).